PDA

View Full Version : Star Fox Adventures: Zelda Planet

Mario G3
10-26-2001, 12:30 AM
Can you say "RIPOFF! (of Zelda)"

PhixedDice
10-26-2001, 01:03 AM
Um, there's no ripoff. It's two totally different concepts.

fooman83
10-26-2001, 01:07 AM
Obviously suited for the GC Chatter forum.

Moved.

dalejrfan13
10-26-2001, 01:46 AM
Somone please explain what the hell this guy is talking about!!!!!

Mario G3
10-26-2001, 02:19 AM
I know exactly what I am talking about!
Eat these cold hard facts!!

http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/starfoxa/starfoxlevel_insider.jpg
Star Fox Adventures can't hide its similarities to Zelda. Check out the map in the lower left and the C-Stick control unit in the upper right.

Note the 3D fighting system, which is also eerily similar to the Zelda games. You lock on to a character (Z-Targeting) and fight one on one until your enemy is defeated or you break the lock. Just like Link, Fox has a wide variety of moves he can pull off with his staff and he can jump backwards to evade attacks, block, or even fire laser blasts (just like zelda)

Note Other actions, like fighting, lifting or pushing, are also executed just like in Ocarina of Time through "context sensitive" button commands (shall I say it again?)

Just like in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, the sun will eventually set and it will turn night (Zelda Zelda Zelda)

Now do you understand?
Rare may have added some extra things like dinosaurs and Fox's but all the rest is pure Zelda Ripoff (not that, that is a bad thing)

dragulongx
10-26-2001, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Mario G3
Can you say "RIPOFF! (of Zelda)"

Then why couldn't they just make a new Zelda game instead *rolls eyes*

fishgills
10-26-2001, 03:26 AM
But by your standards every game which uses a "z-targeting" function would face the accusation of being a "ripoff" of Zelda.

Mario G3
10-26-2001, 03:31 AM
I dunno...

I guess it seems that way seeing as Z targeting has only been used for Zelda as far as I know.

But I mean seriously,

Look at that game,

If I had a dolor for every similarity that game had to Zelda I might have 10 bucks!

Gamakoob
10-26-2001, 04:55 AM
Is being so simmalar to Zelda That bad? At least it has'nt taken the trip to toon town that Zelda has. OoT was a killer game anyway! (Majora's Mask SUCKS) And another thing, Does Zelda, have arwing missions? There are a few classic arwing missions in the game, and I don't remember Zelda being a Flight Sim.

Crescendo
10-26-2001, 12:28 PM
uhhh no. it doesn't resemble zelda at all imop.

Mario G3
10-26-2001, 02:06 PM
I never said it was bad to resemble Zelda.

Stop putting words in my mouth, sheesh!

The deal is that it is similar to Zelda in more ways that one. I was just trying to point this out. Ripoff is such a strong word... I will now use "Remake of Zelda" in place of it.

Anywho,
On what Crescendo said where it is not like Zelda at all; how can you say that? I gave you cold hard facts. The game uses the same fighting shiznit, day and light shiznit, and the play screeen uses the same map and buttons in the corner (all of that being in general). I think those facts alone say "Zelda Remake (I don't have to use the exact words)" all over them.

There is no more to be said here,
PLEASE STOP POSTING NOW!

And also,

They added power over a prince dino and arwing missions to Zelda in turn making Star Fox Adveture!!!

Great Dookiedoo
10-26-2001, 04:39 PM
Zelda looks great in its new incarnation. Gives him a devilish bratty kid attitude me like. Also what is wrong with toons? Without them the world would be screwed up. SFA: DP is not a rip-off of Zelda te real-time bit you brought up was pointless. Only thins you can argue are the c button thing and the Z-targeting which isn't enough.

Mario G3
10-26-2001, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Great Dookiedoo
Zelda looks great in its new incarnation. Gives him a devilish bratty kid attitude me like. Also what is wrong with toons? Without them the world would be screwed up. SFA: DP is not a rip-off of Zelda te real-time bit you brought up was pointless. Only thins you can argue are the c button thing and the Z-targeting which isn't enough.

How is it not enough?
Realtime, the screen, and the battle system are exactly the same. I have nothing against star fox adventure DP (in fact I plan to buy it) I am just pointing out how all of these things were also in Zelda. It is enough to say it is a remake/ripoff of zelda, and that is not a BAD thing!
I guess you can still argue it differnet,
but facts don't lie.

Great Dookiedoo
10-26-2001, 06:19 PM
There isn't enough to say it is a remake. Realtime doesn't count. The C button thing and the Z-targeting bit was only it. But that is nowhere near enough to call it a remake.

Deadly Blood Shedder
10-26-2001, 07:11 PM
Well I'd get STA: DP over Zelda any day because:

1) In my opinion Rare's games are like 2x as fun as nintendo's

2) The game got cel-shaded

3) STA: DP is HUGE! more than 24 planets, if not 36 and more arwing missions than Star Fox 64.

4) I really don't like Zelda. I own Ocarina Of Time but really don't like it and Majoras Mask was just worst.

5) Dinosaur Planet was worked on for 2 years when they decided to import it to the gc that alone could probably beat Zelda but now they're putting another year into is so this game is very anticipated.

zmaster
10-26-2001, 08:41 PM
Ok, yeah, Star Fox seems alot like Zelda now, so what? CLOSED

Sandman
10-26-2001, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Mario G3
I know exactly what I am talking about!
Eat these cold hard facts!!

http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/starfoxa/starfoxlevel_insider.jpg
Star Fox Adventures can't hide its similarities to Zelda. Check out the map in the lower left and the C-Stick control unit in the upper right.

Note the 3D fighting system, which is also eerily similar to the Zelda games. You lock on to a character (Z-Targeting) and fight one on one until your enemy is defeated or you break the lock. Just like Link, Fox has a wide variety of moves he can pull off with his staff and he can jump backwards to evade attacks, block, or even fire laser blasts (just like zelda)Maybe its because those were good ideas?

Mario G3
10-27-2001, 01:45 AM
you are probally right

Deadly Blood Shedder
12-14-2001, 07:51 PM
I was reading the preview for SFA: DP on ign and I clicked on a link and somewhere was that thing and it was the exact same thing. Don't copy things, at least put them into your own words.

cookiecaper
12-14-2001, 08:04 PM
SFA is similar to OoT, but it does feature unique game play as well. Trust me, you'll be blown away when you pick her up in January.

dragulongx
12-15-2001, 11:14 PM
No one is complaining about Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie so just leave it.