PDA

View Full Version : LM impressions

BigSky
09-19-2001, 08:11 PM
http://www.planetgamecube.com/impressions.cfm?action=profile&id=192

They say the game is only 10-16 hours long.
That' not very long.

shock troop
09-19-2001, 08:16 PM
Why do you always focus on the negative aspects in every single article?
Oh, I forgot, you're a goddamned troll you bastard

You know, you always find the stuff they say bad about the GC and then post it here yet you ignore everything else
The article isn't biased against (or for) GC, but you are
The only way an article can be unbiased is if it has both the good things and the bad things
It's called "reviewing"
You see "reviewers" review a game which means they find the GOOD things and the BAD things and write a "review" on it

I suggest you just go find an Xbox fansite and stay there before I have to demoralize you any more

reboot_zero
09-19-2001, 08:19 PM
I'd much rather play a 5 minute long game of Metroid than a 60 hour long game of that piece of shit Halo!

BigSky
09-19-2001, 08:19 PM
you are free to post any so called positive story about the GC you wish, and you can also ingore all my posts

so grow up and chill out

Mario's Dad
09-19-2001, 08:22 PM
Hmm. No it's not all that long but I'm certainly not gonna put that much time in in just a couple days. If I played as much as 2 hours a day it would still take 8 days, which isn't long but I don't plan on averaging that much time. That may also be if you just rush through the game and don't mess around or get all bonuses/extras.

reboot_zero
09-19-2001, 08:26 PM
My hypothesis is that Bigsky blew up a "blow-up doll" and he pretend that its himself, so he talks to it, then he records what he says, then post what he says to "himself" check it out >
Originally posted by BigSky
you are free to post any so called positive story about the XBox you wish, and you can also ingore all my posts

so grow up and chill out

Temjin
09-19-2001, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by reboot_zero
I'd much rather play a 5 minute long game of Metroid than a 60 hour long game of that piece of shit Halo!
* Temijn growls.

f5ferrari
09-19-2001, 08:30 PM
Even though I like metroid alot I have to admitt Halo looks top game as well

reboot_zero
09-19-2001, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Temjin

* Temijn growls. *reboot_zero kicks Tremijn in the balls*

BigSky
09-19-2001, 08:33 PM
the new Halo vid looks awesome, I didn't realize it had so many vehicles!

Temjin
09-19-2001, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by reboot_zero
*reboot_zero kicks Tremijn in the balls*
* Temjin bites reboot_zero's leg off and beats him with it.

reboot_zero
09-19-2001, 08:39 PM
the new Halo vid looks awesome, I didn't realize it had so many vehicles! If you ever kept up with it on the PC a long time ago, you would have probally noticed the vehicles; though they were "destroyed" after the Xbox plan, apparently they have been re-astabolished.

reboot_zero
09-19-2001, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Temjin

* Temjin bites reboot_zero's leg off and beats him with it. *reboot_zero bites other leg off and beats Tremjin with it.

Mario's Dad
09-19-2001, 08:49 PM
*MP whips out wavebird and bust a move on all your asses.

The1lone2outlaw3
09-19-2001, 08:52 PM
*The Lone Outlaw nails you all with a six-shooter*

zmaster
09-19-2001, 08:55 PM
Temjin, Reboot, calm down, we all know that Temjin is right:gg Sky, I'm guessing that the 10-16 hours is if you only do the essentials, not doing any side things. Take Zelda OoT, you could finish the game in less then 5 hours if you simply beat all the temples and bosses, and nothing else. But the game took much longer if you got everything(and I mean everything, I've done it about 10 times. No, there's no special ending with that). And even at 8-10 hours, Zelda OoT was still a great game. You really need to loook past the negative, be optimistic;)

The1lone2outlaw3
09-19-2001, 08:57 PM
zmaster's new words of wisdom ;)

BigSky
09-19-2001, 08:57 PM
no, that includes all the side quests, read the impression from the link i provided

zmaster
09-19-2001, 09:00 PM
no, that includes all the side quests, read the impression from the link i provided

Well, then even with;) As I said, Zelda OoT was great at less then 10 hours, and if LM is 16, then it's that much better, if I know Miyamoto.

Xflop
09-19-2001, 09:03 PM
Funny that the playtesters stated it took them about 20 hours to complete?

Mario's Dad
09-19-2001, 09:06 PM
His information is 3rd hand though. If you read it it says he is only 1/2 to 2/3's the way through it at 8-10 hours.

I think I'll blow a couple hours just messing around though. ;)

BigSky
09-19-2001, 09:12 PM
what playtesters are you referring to?
or did you just make that up?
i vote for the later

Deadly Blood Shedder
09-19-2001, 09:19 PM
Bigsky, has it ever occured to you that there is replay value? You play the game. You play it for a week. You beat it. You play another game. You play Luigi's mansion. You play another game. It's amasing a mansion can fit in 16 hours of joy.

and why do you talk about the cube so much if you want an X-box?

BigSky
09-19-2001, 09:21 PM
doesn't mean I don't want a GC

especially if NIN can show me something, which they have yet to do

Xflop
09-19-2001, 09:21 PM
what playtesters are you referring to?
or did you just make that up?
i vote for the later

You should know by now that your vote isn't worth shit on this site! Goto cube.ign.com and read about Luigi's Mansion, in one of the articles there is the reference to playtesters stating it took them 20 hours on avg. Even the guy who wrote the article you posted bungled his math, he's 8-10 hours in and only 1/2 : 2/3 of they way done. work it out yourself it comes out to more than 10-16 hours. You better not plan on getting Max Payne for your xbox. I have it on PC, took me about 6 hours.

zmaster
09-19-2001, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Xflop

You should know by now that your vote isn't worth shit on this site! Goto cube.ign.com and read about Luigi's Mansion, in one of the articles there is the reference to playtesters stating it took them 20 hours on avg. Even the guy who wrote the article you posted bungled his math, he's 8-10 hours in and only 1/2 : 2/3 of they way done. work it out yourself it comes out to more than 10-16 hours. You better not plan on getting Max Payne for your xbox. I have it on PC, took me about 6 hours.

Come now, you know that he has a right to his opinon, just like we do, even if you don't agree with it. About the hours, different sites have different reviews, it took some longer, and others shorter, you'll have to play the game youself if you want to find the exact amount of hours, it's different for everone.

dragulongx
09-20-2001, 01:15 AM
For people who have a filled with anger fire with BS just ignore his posts or threads I do it a lot until I found the immature ones.

reboot_zero
09-20-2001, 03:01 AM
doesn't mean I don't want a GC

especially if NIN can show me something, which they have yet to do Your worries are over Bigsky!!! They announced a Donald Duck game for the GAMECUBE!!!