PDA

View Full Version : "honey, how the heck do you hold on to this thing?!"

The1lone2outlaw3
07-13-2001, 02:49 AM
The GC controller looks very complex. TOO complex, in fact. How the heck do u hold on to it?

CubeFaN
07-13-2001, 03:04 AM
You hold onto it like a playstation controller amd you can move your thumbs down to move the C-stick and the D-pad.

dragulongx
07-13-2001, 03:27 AM
Its not that complex in fact one guy said that it fits your hand so easily that you wouldn't have to look down to hold it when playing your first GC game and figuring out the button layout.

tiny_prey
07-13-2001, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by The1lone2outlaw3
The GC controller looks very complex. TOO complex, in fact. How the heck do u hold on to it?

man, you need 2 read more...
if anytin...its the most simple...i never liked ps1's controller so ps2's is dumb...and the xbox is huge and has that old 6 button layout.

wit GCN's controller....it all revolves around the "A" button.
and instead of 2 "L & R" buttons (like ps)...it has "L & R" buttons that u push down...and push down..extra further for another function

Cube Gamer
07-13-2001, 05:06 AM
Dosent look to complex to me, now the Xbox controller seemed complex to me, I handled one a little while ago and theres just too many buttons for my taste, plus theres just a "cheap" feel to it and of course its very thick, I think they shoulda done a lot more work to the thing.

dragulongx
07-13-2001, 01:25 PM
Don't worry about it just take the PSX or PS2 dual shock controller and get rid of L1, change position of Joystick and Dpad, think of a different button layout, and think of it as the most comforting controller you have ever held.

The1lone2outlaw3
07-13-2001, 03:56 PM
I guess i just havent gotten a good--and i mean really good--look at the GC controller. Heck, if I can hold a PS2 controller playing Midnight Club Racing, I can hold a GC controller. But the buttons with different pressures?? Whoa, thats a new one to me....

Mario's Dad
07-13-2001, 06:42 PM
That controller is so damn beautiful it brings tears to my eyes.

tiny_prey
07-13-2001, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by The1lone2outlaw3
I guess i just havent gotten a good--and i mean really good--look at the GC controller. Heck, if I can hold a PS2 controller playing Midnight Club Racing, I can hold a GC controller. But the buttons with different pressures?? Whoa, thats a new one to me....

its just the "L" and the "R" button that hav 2 diff. pressures.
and many ppl that went to E3 say that it was VERY comfortable and the button position was VERY intuitive...
(they are placed perfectly so your fingers go there naturally)

MATRIX-X
07-13-2001, 06:57 PM
a cheap feel...........no

CubeFaN
07-13-2001, 08:25 PM
Some people who went to e3 said that they sometimes forgot they were holding it.

³ıı
07-13-2001, 11:24 PM
to cubefan, punk is bunk....lol

and the GCN controller is totally awesome. i wish i had thought of that!!

dragulongx
07-14-2001, 10:02 PM
I don't know why everybody thinks that the GC controller was ugly at first I thought it look awesome. I liked that the joystick was where the d-pad normally was and the d-pad was where the joystick normally was. Its a better feel for me. I hated having to use the joystick in Ape Escape for the PSX. I thought it totally sucked.