PDA

View Full Version : Xbox=Ripoff

Cube Gamer
06-17-2001, 03:01 AM
I was just figuring something out in my head, lets say your gonna go buy a Xbox when it comes out, you head down to the videogame store and put down your $299 and you buy the console, but heres the thing, if you wanna watch DVD on it its gonna be another $29.99, hell for $299 I could either buy the DVD GC or a PS2 and have the DVD right out of the box, so basically they want $330 (rounded off to the nearest dollar, and thats WITHOUT tax mind you) for the whole thing, than your gonna have to buy memory cards unless you wanna save it on the HD but saving games on the HD clogs it up, and games!!! Dosent sound like a deal to me, your paying $299 for a console without DVD, which would you rather have PS2-DVD GC with DVD right out of the box for around $299 (PS2 should be cheaper by then mind you) or $350 just for the Xbox with DVD.

(assuming you want the DVD)

Cube Gamer
06-17-2001, 03:38 AM
Lets say a guy that dosent know much about gaming (a casual gamer which is most gamers) goes shopping for a game console, and lets say hes kinda strapped for cash but wants to get a bang for his buck and get DVD with the console, 2 birds with one stone he could buy a:

DVD GameCube=$290

or

Playstation 2 with DVD included=$250 (after the price drops)

or

Xbox WITHOUT DVD=$299+$29.99 for DVD package=$329.98

What do you think he would buy?? With the GC or PS2 atleast he has a couple extra bucks to buy a game or two.

Cube Gamer
06-17-2001, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by I_Killed_Mario
Microsoft XBox + Remote = GForce 3 + Pentium 733 + 10 GHz Harddrive + Controller (roughly) + DVD

That is (some prices might be innacurate)

300 + 30 = 400 + 50 + 50 + 20 + 300

330 = 820

So you're saying that getting a $500 dollar off is not a good deal? One of us must be crazy...

But most people dont think that way they see 3 consoles one more expensive than the other, 2 with DVD capabilities included and 1 without DVD but more money if you want DVD.

BigSky
06-17-2001, 03:41 AM
that price comparison was pathetic

the best deal in town will in fact be the XBox

Cube Gamer
06-17-2001, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by BigSky
that price comparison was pathetic

the best deal in town will in fact be the XBox

Truth hurts dosent it??

BigSky
06-17-2001, 03:57 AM
the truth?? boy you don't know the truth, lOl!!!

I already have a DVD player, and if I want the progressive scan DVD player I don't mine paying for it!

The ps2 dvd player is a toy compared to one running progressive scan. And selling the remort seperately give the comsumer choice and limits sony's license fee chrages

good move there

price break down

for the ps2 to match xbox this is the real math

Ps2- 299
multi-tap - 30
mem card - 30
ether/modem - 40
hdd (unknown, but at least) - 50
_______ = 450

XBox - 299
DVD playback - 30
_____ = 330

yeah the truth hurts, and sony knows how to take you suckers for a ride

Cube Gamer
06-17-2001, 04:15 AM
the truth?? boy you don't know the truth, lOl!!!

I already have a DVD player, and if I want the progressive scan DVD player I don't mine paying for it!

The ps2 dvd player is a toy compared to one running progressive scan. And selling the remort seperately give the comsumer choice and limits sony's license fee chrages

good move there

price break down

for the ps2 to match xbox this is the real math

Ps2- 299
multi-tap - 30
mem card - 30
ether/modem - 40
hdd (unknown, but at least) - 50
_______ = 450

XBox - 299
DVD playback - 30
_____ = 330

yeah the truth hurts, and sony knows how to take you suckers for a ride

Why not read my posts, obviously you arent since your talking about all this multi-tap, modem, hdd crap, I said if a guy just wanted a gaming console with DVD playback, pretty simple huh?? Obviously your having a hard time understanding it.

BigSky
06-17-2001, 04:17 AM
wow a $30 difference, big friggin deal!!!

you are so funny fanboy!

i'd much rather pay the $30 xtra for XBox to get the progressive scan dvd player

the ps2 dvd player is lame in comparison and buggy at that

perhaps you need to make a new topic

Cube Gamer
06-17-2001, 05:11 AM
wow a $30 difference, big friggin deal!!!

you are so funny fanboy!

i'd much rather pay the $30 xtra for XBox to get the progressive scan dvd player

the ps2 dvd player is lame in comparison and buggy at that

perhaps you need to make a new topic

LOL, im sorry Mr. 'X-box 100% Fanboy' how dare you call me a fanboy its obvious your the biggest most pathetic Xbox fanboy here, people like you are so set against other consoles and so pro Xbox its hard to talk to you, therefore I quit on you, your too far gone.

Cube Gamer
06-17-2001, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by RabidBaboon

LOL, im sorry Mr. 'X-box 100% Fanboy' how dare you call me a fanboy its obvious your the biggest most pathetic Xbox fanboy here, people like you are so set against other consoles and so pro Xbox its hard to talk to you, therefore I quit on you, your too far gone.

How can you call other people fanboys when you have the name of a console you're 'fighting for' in your nickname. This place continues to astound me.

Admit the fact that the $30 extra is nothing in the face of progressive scan happiness! :D

Cause Ive been to MSXbox and ive seen his profile, X-box 100% fanboy indeed LOL

Oh yeah Mallrats suck, lol.

imported_Unreal
06-17-2001, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Cube Gamer
Lets say a guy that dosent know much about gaming (a casual gamer which is most gamers) goes shopping for a game console, and lets say hes kinda strapped for cash but wants to get a bang for his buck and get DVD with the console, 2 birds with one stone he could buy a:

DVD GameCube=$290

or

Playstation 2 with DVD included=$250 (after the price drops)

or

Xbox WITHOUT DVD=$299+$29.99 for DVD package=$329.98

What do you think he would buy?? With the GC or PS2 atleast he has a couple extra bucks to buy a game or two.

I rather play halo then Mario and Zelda.
It's just a matter of taste

MATRIX-X
06-17-2001, 11:53 AM
well with the gamecube you cant even chose to have dvd.

and x has more power+hd+ethernet that is the price diffrence.
and wants the 500million marketing starts you will know it.

STG_Mastaz
06-17-2001, 06:45 PM
Halo sucks......TechTV made an Article about it. They said that after seeing Halo on E3 it's no more than just an Avergae FPS game if online is not included....and guess what? It's not Ha ha ha ha ha.

Booyah!

BigSky
06-17-2001, 09:29 PM
sure stg, yeah, sure GC fanboys